Tuesday, October 28

What Kind Of Mother Are You?

What kind of mother are you? Apparently today I am the kind of mother that throws jello at her whining, complaining that they are starving son. I am also the kind of mother that will give her children a supper of macaroni and cheese at 4:30, give them a bath at 5:30 and put them to bed at 6:30, just to get the day over with. I am also the kind of mother that will pour herself a glass of wine at 4 pm. That is the kind of mother I am today. Hopefully tomorrow I will be a different kind of mother, perhaps the kind that smiles graciously and bakes cookies, who serves nutritious and delicious meals and reads story after story to her well behaving, shiny, smiling children. We'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still fed them and gave them baths. I think you are a great mother!!!!

Kirsten said...

Wow, anonymous is so nice. Thanks for the compliment. I am having a better day today, thank goodness!

Unknown said...

Welcome to my kind of motherhood!

Anonymous said...

but what time did they go to sleep? Did it actually help you? Believe me we all feel like that. We had mac and cheese too but it was almost 7 and Hannah didn't go to sleep til after 11 and then I still had to make lollipops for Alexis to bring to school and I was AAAHHHH!!!!