Thursday, October 23

Un-Frump A Slump Wednesday

I know, technically it is Thursday, but I meant to post this yesterday, I really did. So, I'm sure you are on pins & needles wondering how my first week went at "un-slumping" myself. What? You weren't? You didn't think about it at all? Hmmmm, OK. Actually the week went alright. I am happy to report that I stuck to my points about 70% of the time, went on the treadmill 4 times (I know not the 5 I vowed, but whatever) and drank my water, took my vitamins, blah blah blah. I lost 3.2 lbs, which is good but I suspect it may have been mostly due to my body's shock that I was actually attempting to control my eating. My complexion has not gotten on-board with the new plan though, and my chin still looks like the chin of a 15 year old. All in time. What do they say, Rome wasn't built in a day? This is a dumb saying that implies that other cities, like say Boston, were in fact built in a day.

Remember, if anyone wants to share with me their triumphs or setbacks this week, feel free. The more the merrier. If we get enough of us joined in I can make a chart (I LOVE to make charts!).

So I was feeling good today until an old man yelled at me on the road. I was driving (alright, maybe a little bit fast but no more than 5 miles over the speed limit) and this old man was walking his dogs on the side of the road. This is a narrow, winding country road. I came around a bend and there he was with 2 golden retrievers. I had to slow down and tried to swerve into the other lane but there was oncoming traffic so I couldn't swerve too much and when I went by him he shook his fist at me and yelled "slow down." I felt horrible. I'm so glad I didn't hit him or one of those dogs, but I DO NOT like to be yelled at. I don't. I just don't. OK, I feel better now. I've blogged it out.

1 comment:

Jen said...

"Dang young firecrackers in their fancy speedsters!"
Sometimes you just have to laugh...you didn't mean it!

I am totally in a (pre)un-slumping phase. I need to get my butt in gear...Let's talk about it! I need motivation!