Wednesday, June 25

Shout Out


Note: I started writing this on Wednesday but had to get off the computer so Jack could play Wow Wow Wubzy and then I had a headache and went to bed, so it is a mix of 2 days.

First, I want to say Happy Birthday to Pam, today she is . . . gulp . . . no, I won't tell you that. But I will tell you that last year she was 33. Is it really only Wednesday? it feels like it should be Friday already. Why is it that the weeks seem to drag by, but then you think back to something that happened a long time ago and it feels like just yesterday. Like that horrible murder in Hopkinton of Rachel Entwistle and her baby. The verdict came through today and I am relieved that it was guilty. That guy is a monster that deserves to be publicly stoned by every woman who can pick up a rock. Sorry, I guess that was a little vigilante coming out in me. That happened 2 1/2 years ago and yet it feels like that was just in the news. How can the years fly by with such warp speed when 1 individual day sometimes feels like a week? One second you are bringing home your newborn from the hospital and the next you are putting them on the school bus for kindergarten. Wow, sappy. Cue melodramatic music.

So I have a random question. Yesterday at Suzy's her daughter wanted to play with a toy walkie talkie. Luckily she could only find one, and it had no batteries. Now, we have about 3 or 4 various pairs of these "toy" walkie's at home and when we got home Abbey dug 2 out and wanted to play with them. Who came up with this idea? I would like to find this person (obviously childless) and slap them. They are marketed for children, I think they even say on them they are for children ages 3 and up, but I have yet to meet 1 child under the age of 8 who can figure out how to use them. Talk about frustrating. The whole concept of pushing down a button while talking is so beyond them. And lifting it back up so that they can the person on the other end. Forget about it. No matter how many times you explain, show, instruct, they just do not get it. So where was I going with this . . . no idea but now Abbey wants to play on the computer so I had better just wrap it up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you about the walkie talkies! Try having a 4yr and a 2yr old! Once Alexis finally gets how to use them (for a few minutes) she is totally frustrated that Hannah has no clue how to use them! Then to make it worse ours use 9 volt batteries! Who the heck still makes toys with 9 volts?!! So of course they get left on and the batteries die and what are the one kind we don't have in the battery box AAHHHH!!!

Pam said...

Thanks for the shout out!! I hope your day was happy, did you get my belated serenade? Happy 3*th Birthday Kirt!!!