Friday, July 31

Alone

I am alone in my house. When was the last time you were alone in your house for any substantial amount of time? I am all alone, and I LOVE IT! My parents picked the kids up about an hour ago for the weekend at the lake and I am by myself, and thoroughly enjoying it. Dennis will be home in a couple of hours, and tomorrow after sleeping as late as possible, a quick trip to the grocery store, some household chores and a jaunt on the treadmill I am off to spend the night with my grandmother, but tonight I am alone and am doing NOTHING. Right after they left I flicked on HBO and Juno was just starting, which made me happy. Dennis is going to pick up take-out for dinner so I don't have to cook, which makes me happy as well. I am alone, and I am feeling relaxed for the first time all week. We had a super busy week here. Jack had Church Camp (which is CCD all condensed into one week in the summer) and he totally loved it. Abbey went to the YMCA Camp with my mother and she totally loved that. I worked 4 days, and we left super early every morning, all 3 of us slogging out to the minivan so that I could drop them off at all of their respective destinations. Off to work I went only to rush out to pick them each up at their respective places, rush to Taekwondo, throw dinners together and prod them into taking showers. Since I worked every day I was up folding laundry, scrubbing toilets and doing my normal daily day-off activities at like 10:00 at night. We were all exhausted and this morning I could barely drag my ass out of bed, but tonight, I am relaxing. I am alone and I'm loving it. Did I mention that?

2 comments:

Jen said...

Fortunately, I have the chance to be home alone every now and then. I love it when it happens on Friday nights though! Last time I was home alone on a Friday night, I stopped at the store, got a box of chocolates and some Diet Mtn. Dew. Came home and ordered an XL thin crust pizza and the Marie Antoinette movie with Kirsten Dunst. I stretched out on the couch with my quilt, pizza and chocolates and watched a totally girlie movie with no one saying, "I don't get it!"

Ahh, the perfect night!

Lindy said...

Lately we've been one kid down here and one kid down there and even that's nice.