Tuesday, February 10

Don't Pick Up That Phone!

What can we tell about this woman in the picture? Number 1, she has dark hair. Number 2, she's talking on the phone. Number 3, there are NO CHILDREN in her vicinity at this time. How do I know this? Because she could never have this apparently delightful and uninterrupted conversation if there were. Why is it that when you pick up the phone the children immediately need your undivided attention. They can be completely engrossed in a movie, lets say about penguins. They have not made a peep for 45 minutes and have a little line of drool dripping down their chin from their comatose state. But you pick up the phone to have an adult conversation with someone on the other end and BAM! They need you NOW! They need a snack! A drink! Bathroom help! They have to tell you something QUICK! RIGHT NOW! They pull on your arm and grab at your clothes, screaming MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY I NEED YOU! And the bitch of it is that when you get off the phone, more times than not, they don't need you anymore. Go figure.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I feel your pain....I try to sneak away when ever I need the phone, but they always seem to find me...

CaitRenee said...

My kids at work take those tiny opportunties you want to use to do something quick but important and they run with them! Sometimes across the room.