I hope that everyone had a safe and happy Labor Day weekend! To commemorate the end of the season, here is my "Top Ten Reasons Why I Am Glad Summer Is Over" list.
10. The sight of my pasty white legs in shorts.
9. Bloody bug bite scabs.
8. Crisp Fall weather approaching, crinkly fall leaves.
7. Dirty, filthy, sand encrusted feet.
6. 10 pm bedtimes.
5. S’mores. And cheeseburgers. And hot dogs. And ice cream.
4. Sunscreen - apply liberally and re-apply every 2 hours or after swimming or excessive sweating. OK. Sure.
3. Return of Apples. Apple pie. Apple picking. Apple cider. Cider donuts . . .
2. Bathing suits.
And the number one reason I am glad summer is over -
1. Three little words. Back. To. School.