Friday, January 23

Away . . . Again

OK, so I probably won't be receiving the mother of the year award this month. I am leaving my children again this weekend, for my 13th annual Girls Weekend. Every year during this weekend myself and 6 or 7 of my college girlfriends hit the road for a different New England location. We spend 2 days and nights drinking, eating, talking, shopping, enjoying housekeeping and being waited on at restaurants. It is GREAT. It is a necessary recharging event and at times I wonder if I could get through the rest of the year without it. It is so wonderful to be with people you've known forever, who know you and get you and just can "be", ya know? Jack was a little upset when he realized that this was the weekend I was leaving. "But you just got back" he whined. "Why are you leaving again?" Ughghg, knife through the heart. But NOT going away is NOT an option, in 13 years I have not missed a single weekend. So off I go to Newport, leaving Dennis to fend for himself for 2 days. I'm sure they will be fine, the trailer will be a mess when I get home of course. The kids will not eat a vegetable or brush their teeth, and probably be exhausted from getting to stay up as late as they want, but whatever . . . I'll have a good time. Later all.

Oh, I know I promised St. Thomas pictures, so here are a couple more for you to jealously look at. Hee hee.


View of the beach, our hotel is there in the background.

That little dot is me in the pool.

An underwater fish from the submarine ride.

This is the view from our balcony. Ahhhh.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suz did not get mom-of-the-year award when she was 'off like a prom dress' leaving Bill with Jake and newborn twins but "Not going is not an option". Enjoy!
Carol B.

Amy said...

Thanks for the pick-me-up Kirsten!
Glad you had/are having fun though.
Amy:)

Jen said...

Oh you lucky, LUCKY girl! Love the pictures! You look so pretty and happy! Have fun on trip #2! You'll come back doubly refreshed and then you'll win the Mom-of-the-Month-of-February Award!!!

Erin said...

Love the pictures You two look GREAT!

CaitRenee said...

Right on! Sounds like a fun weekend. Those pictures look amazing! I can't wait to hear about it.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

OHHHH! So jealous! And that first picture looks like the EXACT spot where Mr. Manic and I took a photo of ourselves on our honeymoon IN ST. THOMAS!!! Are you at Frenchman's Reef!?!?!? It seriously looks like the exact location of a photo like ours!!!

And I know you said you didn't take a photo of you donating blood, I'm going to give you a shoutout anyway in Sunday Bloody Sunday and count you in our tally as one of the donors from the drive!!! Thanks for letting me know you donated!

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Then maybe I am getting stalkerish now too! LOL! We just need to be able to email each other but I don't have your email I don't think! Anyway, Mexico--the water is pretty OK. In fact, I am kinda sad because two years ago EXACTLY we were in Cabo having the best time ever!!! I NEED A VACA!!!!